Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lost DataStage Designer menu

For several designer questions on the techlist, especially dealing with windows that show up off screen due to resolution / duel monitor changes, it has been recommended to delete the registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ascential Software\DSDesign to reset the Designer Window positions. So you may want to backup that registry key, and then clear it out. I believe one of the DSDesign-Bar? entries under it is the position of the Menu, but I couldn't tell which one. If something bad happens, you should be able to restore your backup of the registry key.

I deleted the key on my desktop, after docking the menu tool bar on the bottom of the screen. The registry key was recreated the first time I started the designer client, and my menu tool bar was back at the top as normal. So this would be my first step in solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment